25 Great Twitter Bios – Uber Modern “Tagging” In A Socially Networked World
When I started tweeting for CPGjobs a few months ago, I quickly realized that there was only one way to build the high quality stream I was after – by doing it the old fashioned way – earning it.
Twitter uniquely defines what makes social media special – the way to be successful is to pay it forward, to reciprocate, and to work hard to provide something of value to the community. It’s harder than it sounds.
Well, in the process of creating a space for CPGjobs in the already rich human resources community on Twitter, I’ve spent a huge amount of time individually vetting Twitter Followers, and this activity has yielded a rich treasure trove of amazing Twitter Bios.
A Twitter Bio is like an elevator speech on steroids. In fewer than 160 characters you’ve got to craft a brand statement for yourself that will instantly captivate and inspire someone to follow you. It’s like an uber-modern form of self-expression – like electronic “tagging” on the side of building that spans the globe.
So just for fun, here is my totally subjective list – cultivated as I’ve gone along – of what I think are some amazing and creative people whose humor, sensitivity, and sarcasm have been sublimely packaged into the most minimal of spaces.
My Top 25 Twitter Bio Picks (in no particular order):
- Why talk when you can mock? Why hide your Face like I got Mace? Is it all an act or just a Fact. Maybe if you didn’t drool, you’d be cool. Ran out of room boom- @RhymTime24
- Ever since Batman screwed up and pulled me out of that bomb rigged building instead of Rachel, I digg all stories bashing batman and some other stories too. @Diggtwoface
- Is Twitter like an elevator convo with a stranger that makes you friend or just 1 more electronic tether? If nothing else I will learn to be brief. @SpciKok.
- Dare not say that I have reached any state of achievement. I’m still learning, for learning is boundless @ronattias
- I’m fabulous…I’m an incredible dresser, I’ve got buckets of money, I’m a hoot and a half and I got a killer……… lol 🙂 I love to laugh & smile! @KristyRGates
- I’m a computer, disguised as a woman. A sassy socialista well known for her silver tongue. Oh & the genius behind @evansmediagroup.
- JUMP! out of your tar pits & Live Unstuck as you deal with major personal and professional changes. Openness, Clarity, Movement, Staying Ahead, & Create Joy! @LiveUnstuck
- I was hacked but now back. Its a shame ppl will do anything for followers. Hide ur email, hide ur Facebook, hide ur Twitter cuz theyre hackin EVERYBODY OUT HERE @MriLL87WilLL
- Teaching others how to use their words to change their world. The B is for bitch and yes it’s my middle name. But don’t be alarmed. I’m a gentle puppy. @JennyBBones
- There are three types of people in this world: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened. @Richgeegroup
- I write spammy tweets that annoy and aggravate 7-92 yo people. Loves Spam, Spam Lite, Smoked Spam, Online Marketing, Hormel Products, Camp Pie, More spam. @NannaSpammer
- Learn and share easy marketing tips from a burrito enthusiast who happens to be a marketing consultant. @ScottwithIB
- 2 people call me mommy, 1 person calls me honey. Some people call me an interior designer, and I say, Hey, I’ve been called worse! @SarahBohlDesign
- I married beneath me – all women do. @Zenace45t
- You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. @ThomasJamesJr
- Be yourself, because everyone else is taken. – @BlueSexKitten
- Garf is semi-retired. “I am failing miserably at retirement. I need to be needed. Some people like to grow flowers: I like to grow people!” @mmgarfield
- I’m a Straight Talkin’, Fun Lovin’, Ass Kickin’, Inspirin’ COACHin’ Chic, Conductin the 2 Thumbs Up POSSIBILITY Band! LIFE OF THIS PARTY! Follow and see. @ClaudiaGlaser
- Covenant is a full service marketing agency. That basically means we can do anything…except maybe ride a unicycle. @covweb
- I’m Joel, And I’m an Aspiring Asshole, and I usually don’t bite, unless asked to. I own JBB Manufacturing and make custom truck parts and other cool shit. @b52
- You already know you are magnificent-there is a joy, peace, passion in you to make a difference. Do you want to learn how to express this? @LCAProject
- A man of mystery and power, whose power is exceeded only by his mystery. @howardgr
- There are some people who live in a dream world, some who face reality, and those that turn one into the other. @niallnewman
- Kind of a big deal on a fairly irrelevant soc media site which inflates my self-importance. @unmarketing
- T-shirt seller dude. I love you more than bacon. @FalkHarrison VP of Social Media, @MarquetteU grad, NBA fan, red wine drinker. I tweet sunshine starting at 5am @rizzotees
So what do you think? Have you got any favorites of your own? I’d love to see them!
- Twitter Tips for Beginners (lockergnome.com)