Del Monte Foods – CPG Industry Featured Employer
Del Monte Foods
One, The Market
San Francisco, CA 94105
Del Monte is one the country´s largest and most well known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food and pet products in the U.S. retail market. Del Monte manages a powerful portfolio of brands including Del Monte, S & W, Contadina, College Inn, and more. The company´s pet food and snack brands include Meow Mix, Kibbles ´n Bits, Milk Bone, 9Lives, Pup-Peroni, Gravy Train, Nature´s Recipe, Canine Carry-Outs and more. The company also produces and distributes private label food and pet products and markets packaged food products under the Del Monet brand in South America. In fiscal year 2010, the company generated $3.7 billion in net sales.
VISION AND MISSION
The Del Monte Vision:
Del Monte lives its vision by providing employees a healthy work/life balance. From summer hours to onsite fitness, they have created a culture that values and respects their employees’ time, skills and energy. The company´s goal is to create a positive and challenging work environment that engages employees through cutting-edge work assignments and project responsibilities.
Del Monte encourages an entrepreneurial environment and provides opportunities for rapid advancement. They provide the resources to achieve business goals and offer diverse growth opportunities for employees to lead meaningful careers.
- Company First, Function Second.
- Share a Vision of Success.
- Collaborate for Best Results.
- Celebrate Wins Regularly.
- Value the Concerns and Input of Others.
- Develop Yourself & Your People.
- Create an Environment Where People Thrive.
- Honor Your Commitments.
- Lead with Passion.
- Be Proactive and Accountable.
- Think Outside of Your Job Description.
- Bring Innovation to Everything You Do.
- Have Courageous Conversations.
- Take Intelligent Risks.
- Get Comfortable with Discomfort.
- Do the Right Thing.
Del Monte is committed to promoting and preserving a workplace environment rich in diversity— one in which individual differences are not simply tolerated or accepted, but truly appreciated.
Diversity encompasses universally recognized traits such as race, gender and national origin; however, it also includes less obvious individual differences such as socioeconomic background and personal lifestyle.
The Del Monte philosophy holds to the belief that promoting these differences in the workplace is a means of encouraging personal and organizational growth and contribution, and enabling individuals and teams. Furthermore, workplace diversity reflects the changing face of the American workforce and population, as well as their customer base.
Del Monte’s commitment to diversity is consistent with their shared values: Winning Together, Respect, Ownership and Courage.
- Del Monte Foods Fiscal 2011 Second Quarter Results Conference Call/Webcast (eon.businesswire.com)
- Del Monte Foods Company to Reduce Sodium by at Least 20 Percent by 2015 (eon.businesswire.com)
- Del Monte Foods in $4 billion buyout (money.cnn.com)