Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company, and maintains a 27% economic interest in SABMiller plc.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
How we conduct business is as important as the business results we achieve. We incorporate our Mission & Values into every aspect of our business from developing our strategies, to making business decisions, to how we evaluate and reward our employees.
Our Mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. In pursuing our Mission, we have established the following goals for Altria Group and its companies:
- Invest in Leadership. We will invest in excellent people, leading brands and external stakeholders important to our businesses’ success.
- Align With Society. We will actively participate in resolving societal concerns that are relevant to our businesses.
- Satisfy Adult Consumers. We will convert our deep understanding of adult tobacco and wine consumers into better and more creative products that satisfy their preferences.
- Create Substantial Value For Shareholders.We will execute our business plans to create sustainable growth and generate substantial returns for shareholders.
Our Values guide our behavior as we pursue our Mission and business strategies.
- Integrity, Trust and Respect.We believe in operating with integrity, trust and respect, both as individuals and as a family of companies.
- Passion to Succeed. We demonstrate a passion to succeed in all aspects of our businesses.
- Executing With Quality. We believe in executing with quality by understanding and responding to our companies’ adult tobacco and wine consumers’ preferences.
- Driving Creativity Into Everything We Do. We believe in driving creativity into everything we do, resulting in innovation and continuous improvement for our companies’ adult tobacco and wine consumers and our business processes.
- Sharing With Others. We believe in sharing with others, unleashing the tremendous resources of our people as a force for good into the communities in which we live and work.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other protected class.