Boar`s Head Brand
The first delicatessen products were distributed using the name Boar’s Head Brand in the New York City area in 1905. Products were delivered by horse-drawn wagon to small delicatessens and “Mom and Pop” stores.
By 1933, distribution of Boar’s Head Brand products had grown. It was at that time that the founder, Frank Brunckhorst, dissatisfied with the quality of cooked hams which were available to him, decided that he would open a manufacturing plant of his own. The first plant was started in a small building in Brooklyn with only three employees.
Over the years since that time, most other manufacturers of delicatessen products have made compromises in quality for the sake of convenience and economy. But the manufacturers of Boar’s Head Brand have never done so. To this day, four generations later, descendants of the family still insist on the same unwavering commitment to those high standards set by Frank Brunckhorst long ago.