Church & Dwight Co., Inc
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $2.6 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies that has outpaced the Standard & Poor’s by more than two times over the last 10 years. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Orajel and more. The Company’s business is divided into three primary segments, Consumer Domestic, Consumer International and Specialty Products.
The Consumer Domestic segment includes our eight power brands, ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Orajel and XTRA and other household and personal care products.
The Consumer International segment sells a variety of household and personal care products, some of which use the same brands as our domestic product lines, in international markets, including Canada, France, Australia, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil and China.
The Specialty Products segment is the largest U.S. producer of sodium bicarbonate, which it sells together with other specialty inorganic chemicals for a variety of industrial, institutional, medical and food applications. This segment also sells a range of animal nutrition and specialty cleaning products.
Everyone here at Church & Dwight becomes connected to the spirit of our major brands — the heritage of ARM & HAMMER™ products, the trust in Trojan™ condoms, the strength of OXICLEAN™ cleaners, and others. The power behind these iconic brands? It’s clearly our people, continually playing a key role in the success of our brands…and our company.
The Church & Dwight culture is rooted in these bedrock principles:
- The freedom of a small, flat organization is an energizing factor, offering maximum flexibility and speed in decision-making.
- A sense of joint stewardship enables us to focus on sustaining top-tier performance.
- Honest open failure creates an environment that encourages action and risk-taking, and avoids complacency.
- Communication among departments, functions and employees facilitates open and candid conversations.
- Participative management means everyone at every level at every location is engaged in the business.
- Learning from both our failures and successes is a critical factor in competing, and winning, in the marketplace.
- Mutual respect enables us to challenge each other to reach higher, and form an ever more cohesive team.
- High performance means we strive to hire the right people for the right jobs, to take our company to increasingly higher levels of performance.
At Church & Dwight, we’re committed to providing our people with equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming working environments. By celebrating differences among members of our diverse workforce, we help ensure the success of our brands, and strengthen the market leadership of our company.
We take pride in and recognize our successes. Church & Dwight award programs include:
- Chairman’s Awards – Recognizing outstanding accomplishments that improve our business and position us well for the future.
- Service Awards – Recognizing the perseverance and dedication of employees as they reach key length-of-service milestones.
- Quality Award – Recognizing behaviors, attitudes or decisions that champion quality integration into the Church & Dwight culture.
- Safety Awards – Recognizing leadership, judgment, and enhancement of environmental/occupational safety programs that ensure a safe, healthy and secure environment.
Our Employee Giving Fund (EGF) is a non-profit organization that supports charitable organizations primarily in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania — where our corporate headquarters is located and many of our employees reside.
The EGF is a workplace giving program, supported by employee contributions, which are matched dollar-for-dollar by Church & Dwight. By making employee directed contributions to carefully selected charitable organizations, the EGF empowers our people to support the good works of organizations dedicated to help the less fortunate.
At other locations we support numerous local charities and encourage our employees to participate in community activities.
At Church & Dwight, we offer a wide range of activities to encourage camaraderie among our people. Our Employee Activity Committee, comprised of a group of employees, plans and executes many activities and events that foster employee interaction — and family fun — beyond the workplace. Examples include sporting events such as softball teams, running clubs, and golf leagues, as well as cultural activities such as local theater, Plum benefits discount program, and numerous other activites to engage employees outside of work.
We also have several other employee-run committees including Corporate Wellness and Sustainability committees.