Mattel, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Hot Wheels® RC, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Thomas & Friends®, Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2012, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the fifth year in a row. Mattel also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens” and the “World’s Most Ethical Companies.” With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 28,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations.
Mattel’s Corporate Responsibility mission is to positively impact our people, our products and our planet by playing responsibly. This commitment resonates in our actions and through our company values each and every day, as we:
- Play Fair by continually encouraging the Mattel organization to align decision-making with the company’s values.
- Play Together by working with employees, partners, vendors and regulators to bring the world safe toys that grown-ups trust and children love.
- Play to Grow by committing to a sustainable future through efforts to work smarter and reduce our impact on the environment.
- Play with Passion by volunteering in our communities and helping underserved children experience the joy of play.
Mattel is recognized among the “100 Best Corporate Citizens”, as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” and as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
In 2009, Mattel launched its third Global Citizenship report. Titled “Playing Responsibly”, the report reflects the evolution of Mattel’s global Citizenship efforts. Go to the report.
As a global company whose customers have ever-changing needs, Mattel recognizes that having a diversity management strategy is critical to maintaining a competitive advantage in our business activities. A diverse workforce provides us with creativity and innovation that are the essence of Mattel’s success.
Mattel is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the highest-caliber talent. To accomplish this we believe in:
- Creating a workforce, at all levels, that reflects the diversity of our consumers and the population at large
- Assuring equal opportunity and fair employment practices
- Respecting differences in life experiences, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and work styles
- Recognizing and responding to employees’ needs for work/life balance
- Learn More here